Buying your first home Garfield, New Jersey
Home financing starts here.
Buying your first home in Garfield is a big deal. At CrossCountry Mortgage, we believe the process should be exciting and fun. With us by your side to answer your questions and guide you through every step, you'll feel more confident about your decision and super-stoked about your future!
We also know you probably prefer to do online research about a major purchase before you decide to speak to someone personally. We're okay with that, which is why we're providing this helpful information for every future homeowner.
3 Steps for Getting Started in Garfield
- Know your credit score and raise it if possible before meeting with us.
- A first time homebuyer's budget and notes on how to start the homebuying process.
Garfield, New Jersey Mortgage Experts
At CrossCountry Mortgage, we strive to provide you with the best possible advice and benefit to your financial needs while providing a straightforward, transparent mortgage process for first-time homebuyers.
Our goal is to be recognized as the best mortgage company in Garfield, New Jersey. We begin your homebuying process by earning your trust through knowledge and communication. You are our first priority and we pride ourselves on developing rewarding, long-term customer relationships.
First-time homebuyers in Garfield enjoy working with us because we understand that owning a home is as fun as it is incredibly fulfilling. What's not to love about having a space that is entirely yours?
You can paint your bathroom fuchsia, have hardwood in the master, put up a wild Mosaic in the kitchen, install a smart thermostat, trim your garden with native plants and raise a herd of English bulldogs. After all, it's your home — and every homeownership dream starts with the right financing.
3 Steps for Getting Started in Garfield
Your interest rate and payments will be consistent throughout the duration of your loan.
You can possibly save money in the short term, but rates may increase during an adjustment period.
A low down payment is just one reason why these loans are a popular choice for many homebuyers.
FHA 203k Loans
One loan combines the purchase cost and repair cost of a fixer-upper into a single mortgage.
Build and finance the home of your dreams — all with just one application and one closing.
With less up-front cost and no PMI, you can expand your home search beyond conforming loan limits.
For 0% down, you can buy a home in a rural area like the country, a small town, and even a suburb.
Military veterans can purchase a home at a competitive rate and often with no down payment.
3 Steps After You’re Pre-Approved
Find a Home
Meet with your agent to determine your wants and needs. Plan to start looking for your new home 3-6 months before you intend to buy.
Make an Offer
Once you've found your dream home, work with your agent to make an offer, negotiate the final purchase price and schedule a home inspection.
Apply For a Mortgage
Your application will provide us with any remaining financial information we'll need. You can also lock your interest rate until the closing date.
Frequently Asked Questions
- “We are new homeowners. We are so happy to work with the entire team! Everyone is so quick to respond and we are so grateful for their expertise! I will be recommending CrossCountry Mortgage LLC to my friends and family! Thank you so much!Rebecca G.
- “CrossCountry Mortgage was instrumental in allowing me to become a homeowner. Their outstanding reputation in the professional community allowed us as buyers to stand out in a competitive market. On top of that, they provided quick and detailed responses to all out questions and concerns no matter the time of day. CrossCountry worked at all hours of the night to ensure paperwork was processed ASAP.Alexander M.
- “As a first time home buyer, I really had no idea about the process and how extensive it truly was. I cannot express how grateful I am to my entire team at CrossCountry Mortgage. All were extremely professional and helped ease my anxieties throughout the entire experience. I could not be any happier. Thank youEvan R.